It’s important to choose the most cost-effective option when exporting to Finland. This guide on shipping from China to Finland is intended to help you choose the best shipping option that meets your needs.
For 17 straight years, China has been the biggest trading partner of Finland. Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, China has exported $2.95 billion worth of products to Finland in 2020 based on the United Nations COMTRADE database. Although historical exports to the country have been decreasing over the years, a lot of Finnish businesses are still importing from China.
So if you are planning to import Chinese products to Finland, this guide is perfect for you! We will discuss the most important things you need to know to send your products to Finland as hassle-free as possible.
P.S. Do you have any plans to ship products to Amazon from a supplier in China? FBABEE can assist you in sending your goods in a safe and cost-effective manner. We are an Amazon FBA freight forwarder with the ability to comply with your specific demands.
Ways to Save Time and Money When You Ship from China to Finland
Know Which Items Are Allowed To Ship From China To Finland
Before you ship goods to Finland, make sure that they are permitted to enter the country. Or else, your shipment will be held by the customs or sent back to the shipper. Below are some of the items that you can’t ship from China to Finland:
- Atlantic red tuna fish, whale meat, etc.
- L-Tryptophan (including products containing L-Tryptophan)
- Beans and seeds
- Items with copper sulfate
- Metal blades (including items with flexible metal blades)
- Asbestos fibers
- Nonprescription and prescription drugs
- Alcoholic beverages
Know the Holidays in China
It is important that you consider the holidays in China because it will greatly affect the transit times and freight costs. If you ship during peak seasons, expect to pay more and wait longer before your shipment will arrive.
Know About China to Finland Shipping Times
How long does it take to ship from China to Finland? Shipping times can be affected by various factors:
- Seasonal factors
- Weather conditions
- Mode of shipping used
In general, standard air shipping can take between 5-8 days, sea shipping takes 38-46 days, and express shipping can take 1-3 days or more.
Familiarize Yourself With the Shipping From China to Finland Prices
How much is shipping from China to Finland? This will depend on the following factors:
- The nature of your goods
- The types of delivery service
- Your consignment’s volume, dimensions, and weight
- The mode of shipping used
Be Aware of the Customs Clearance in China and Finland
Your cargo needs to meet both local and international regulations before it can be cleared by customs in China and Finland. You need to prepare the following key documents:
- Letter of Credit
- A Certificate of Origin
- A Packing List
- A Commercial Invoice
Partner With a China Freight Forwarder to Finland
Experienced freight forwarders can help in dealing with the customs authorities to make sure that your cargo meets their requirements. Thus, ensuring faster processing and delivery of your goods. They can also choose the best method and routes for your cargo. Aside from freight forwarders, you can also partner with shipping agents.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Freight Forwarder
- Services and rates
- Reputation and experience
- Legalities and certificates
- Physical address
You might want to check out our list of the Top 10 Freight Forwarders in China here.
Also Read: A Guide for Shipping from China to Estonia
Options for Shipping From China to Finland
You can select between sea and air freight when importing from China to Finland. Each form of transportation has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. In the next sections, you’ll learn more about them.
Also Read: A Guide for Shipping from China to Sweden
Air Freight From China to Finland
Air Freight Shipping from China to Finland Costs
Air shipping is much costlier compared to sea freight. Some logistics providers ask for $3-$5 per kilogram for airport-to-airport shipping and $4-$7 per kilogram for door-to-door shipping.
How Long Does It Take to Ship Cargo by Air From China to Finland?
Air shipping is obviously faster than sea freight and only takes 5-8 days. Below are the estimated air shipping times from major Chinese airports to Helsinki:
- From Xiamen: 5 days
- From Shenzhen: 5 days
- From Shanghai-Pudong: 8 days
Top International Freight Airlines from China to Denmark
- Shipa Freight
- HART Worldwide Logistics
- Air Freight From China
You can find more shipping companies on our list of China air freight companies.
Why and When to Choose Air Shipping
- Recommended if your concern is greater for speed than costs
- Ideal for perishable and fragile goods
- It offers higher security levels
- Your goods won’t be handled often so there is less risk of damage
- Rates are more cost-effective when it comes to cargo under 100 kg
Also Read: A Guide for Shipping from China to Switzerland
Ocean Freight From China to Finland
Sea Freight From China to Finland Options
When shipping via ocean freight, there are two options you can choose from:
Full Container Load (FCL)
- You pay for using an entire shipping container
- This is for sending heavy and large freight
- Your cargo will be sealed off during the whole journey
- Its benefits include less handling, less risk of damage, and less chance of delays
Less than Container Load (LCL)
- Your cargo is transported together with other shippers’ consignments
- It is the cheapest option when transporting small cargo
- You only pay for the space used by your cargo
- Ideal for small shipments that can survive frequent handling
Find out more about FCL vs. LCL here.
China Sea Shipping to Finland Charges
Among the three shipping options listed here, sea freight is the cheapest one with the following estimated rates depending on the service provider:
- FCL: $1,000-$5,000
- LCL: Around $30 per CBM
How Long Does It Take to Ship Cargo by Sea From China to Finland?
Sea shipping has the longest transit time. Below are the estimated shipping times from major Chinese ports to the port of Helsinki:
- From Shanghai: 38-46 days
- From Shenzhen: 43 days
- From Xiamen: 42-46 days
- From Shekou: 43 days
Recommended Sea Shipping Companies
- Shipa Freight
- HART Worldwide Logistics
- China TS Freight
Find more China ocean shipping agencies here.
Why and When to Choose Ocean Shipping
- It is the cheapest method to ship from China to Finland although it takes the longest transit time
- It is suitable for large and heavy packages
Also Read: How to Ship From China to Germany
Express Shipping From China to Finland
Express Shipping From China to Finland Cost
Express shipping costs a lot more than standard air shipping and sea shipping, but you can find courier companies that offer cheap shipping. Below are sample quotes based on your parcel’s weight:
- Up to 500 g: ~$14.50
- Up to 1 kg: ~$21.80
- Up to 1.5 kg: ~$29.10
- Up to 2 kg: ~36.40
Estimated Express Shipping Time
Courier shipping only takes 1-3 days but other express shipping companies can reach up to 5-8 days.
Recommended Express Shipping Companies
- Parcel ABC
- HART Worldwide Logistics
Check out our list of China courier companies here.
Why and When to Choose Express Shipping
- Choose express shipping if you are in a hurry to send your goods
- Since it is always done via door-to-door delivery, it is the most convenient option for valuable and perishable items
Also Read: A Complete Guide to Shipping From China to the UK
Ocean and Air Shipping From China to Finland Routes
If you want to choose your preferred route for your cargo, below are your options for air shipping and sea shipping:
Airports of Origin in China
The following major airports for shipping from China to Finland serve the Helsinki airport:
- Beijing Capital
- Shanghai Pudong
Below are other Chinese airports that are used as ports of origin when shipping to Finland:
- Shanghai Hongqiao
Airport of Arrival in Finland
- Connected Chinese Airports: Shanghai-Pudong, Nanjing, Guangzhou, and Beijing-Capital
Cargo Ports of Origin in China
- Shanghai (Check out our list of Shanghai freight forwarders here.)
- Qingdao (Check out our list of Qingdao freight forwarders here.)
- Guangzhou (Check out our list of Guangzhou freight forwarders here.)
- Ningbo-Zhoushan (Check out our list of Ningbo freight forwarders here.)
Cargo Ports of Arrival in Finland
- Helsinki Helsingfors
- Uleaborg (Oulu)
Also Read: A Complete Guide to Shipping From China to Norway
International goods shipping is a labor-intensive procedure. However, it is particularly important in the retailing industry. We hope you were able to find what you were looking for with the help of our guide. If you need assistance in shipping products from China to Amazon FBA, please contact us. Also, you can check the links below for related blogs:
- A Complete Guide to Shipping From China to Denmark
- A Complete Guide to Shipping From Finland to USA
- A Guide for Shipping from China to Netherlands