Import products from China to Singapore in a cost-effective manner by selecting the most appropriate shipping method. Allow our guide about shipping from China to Singapore to help you!
Singapore has a deep and long-standing relationship with the People’s Republic of China. This is proven by frequent exchanges, strong economic ties, and multifaceted cooperation between the two countries. In fact, Singapore and China celebrated the 30th anniversary of their diplomatic ties in 2020. Also, China has been Singapore’s greatest commercial partner since 2013, while Singapore has been China’s largest foreign investor since the mentioned year.
The China-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (CSFTA) which was upgraded in 2009 even brought more transparency and predictability to economic activities between the two countries. So if you want to send Chinese goods to Singapore, welcome to our blog.
P.S. Do you have something you’d like to ship to Amazon from China? Visit the FBABEE website for more information. We are a reliable Amazon FBA freight forwarder with the necessary experience and skills to secure your items’ arrival!
Ways to Save Time and Money When Importing from China to Singapore
Know What Goods Are Prohibited by Singapore Customs Authorities
You will find the prohibited and controlled goods for import to Singapore in the provided link. Knowing what these products are will ensure that you won’t face problems with customs once your goods arrive in Singapore.
Know the Holidays in China
Holidays in China, like the Chinese New Year, greatly affect shipping schedules and rates. Therefore, it is obviously better to ship during off-peak seasons to get better rates and faster shipping times.
Know About China to Singapore Shipping Times
How long does shipping take from China to Singapore? This will depend on the following factors:
- Weather conditions
- Seasonal factors
- The mode of transport you choose
- The distance between the source and the destination
- The type of goods you are sending
Familiarize Yourself With the Shipping From China to Singapore Prices
How much does it cost to ship from China to Singapore? Again, the rates for air and sea shipping will be affected by the following factors:
Factors Affecting Air Freight Cost From China to Singapore
- Your cargo’s weight and size
- Cargo type
- Seasonal factors
- Weather condition
- Time of shipment
Factors Affecting Ocean/Sea Freight From China to Singapore
- Whether you choose LCL or FCL
- Whether you use a 10-ft or a 40-ft container
- Seasonal factors
- Weather condition
- Currency exchange rate
- The Bunker’s capacity
- Distance between the ports of departure and arrival
- Handling fees
Obtain Relevant Authorization and Permits to Import Products from China to Singapore
Below are the major documents you need to submit to the customs officials depending on the goods you are sending and the shipping mode you choose:
- Commercial invoice
- Import permit
- Packing list
- Letter of credit
- Bill of lading
- Insurance certificate
- Permit, certificates, or licenses
- Proof of payment
- Catalog, leaflet, or other related documents
For more information, check out the China Customs and the Singapore Customs pages.
Partner With a China Freight Forwarder to Singapore
You can either partner with a freight forwarder or a shipping agent to help you handle the tedious tasks required for customs clearance. As we have mentioned, the process is too time-consuming for business owners to handle themselves. That is why partnering with a logistics company is strongly recommended.
What to Consider when Choosing a Freight Forwarder from China to Singapore
- The legal existence of the freight forwarder
- Capacity and capability to handle shipping needs
- Experience and reputation in shipping from China to Singapore
- What services the freight forwarder in China offers
Find a reliable shipping company from China to Singapore in the following links:
- Top 10 Freight Forwarders in China
- Freight Forwarder From China to Singapore
- Best Freight Forwarder in Singapore
How to Ship from China to Singapore
You can ship from China to Singapore either by air or by sea. Air shipping includes standard air shipping and express shipping while sea shipping includes FCL and LCL shipping. We will discuss each one in more detail below:
Air Freight From China to Singapore
- Air Shipping Cost From China to Singapore
Air shipping is more expensive compared to sea shipping but you’ll get almost the same rates for loads less than 100 kilograms.
- Air Shipping From China to Singapore Shipping Time
So how long does it take to ship cargo by air from China to Singapore? Below are examples of shipping times from major Chinese airports to the Singapore International Airport:
- From Xiamen: 6 days
- From Wuhan: 14 days
- From Shenzhen or Shanghai-Pudong: 5 days
- From Nanjing or Guangzhou: 7 days
- Recommended Air Freight Shipping Company From China to Singapore
- Bansar China
- SINO Shipping
Find more reliable freight forwarders here: China air freight companies.
- Why and When to Choose Air Shipping
- Safer and faster the ocean shipping
- Easier to track
- Saves more time and money for shipments less than 100 kilograms
Sea Shipping From China to Singapore
- Sea Freight From China to Singapore Options
There are two options you can choose from for sea shipping:
FCL Shipping from China to Singapore
- Your goods will fill an entire container
- It is safer and easier to track compared to LCL
- Very easy to track compared to LCL
- Ideal for heavy and bulky shipments
LCL Shipping from China to Singapore
- Used by shippers with fewer commodities
- Your goods will share space with other commodities
- It is cheaper compared to FCL
Read more about FCL vs. LCL here.
- China Sea Shipping to Singapore Charges
Sea shipping rates are relatively cheaper compared to air freight and express shipping. This is why it is commonly used for most cargo. Take note that the longer the distance between the routes used, the more expensive the prices will be.
- How Long Does It Take to Ship Cargo by Sea From China to Singapore?
Sea freight takes the longest time before your goods will arrive. Below are the estimated shipping times from major Chinese ports to the port of Singapore:
- From Shanghai: 7-14
- From Qinhuangdao: 14
- From Zhanjiang: 7
- From Yingkou: 15
- From Shenzhen: 4-10 days
- From Ningbo: 9
- From Qingdao: 9
- From Tianjin: 13-31 days
- From Xiamen: 6-13 days
- From Guangzhou: 12 days
- From Shekou: 6 days
- From Nansha: 9 days
- From Huangpu: 10 days
- From Fuzhou: 15 days
- From Chongqing: 21 days
You can also find shipping time estimates on the website of Ports.com.
- Recommended Sea Shipping Companies
Find more sea shipping companies in our list of China ocean shipping agencies here.
- Why and When to Choose Ocean Shipping
- If offers the cheapest shipping from China to Singapore
Courier Service From China to Singapore
- Express China to Singapore Shipping Cost
This is the most expensive method so only use it for valuable and sensitive items.
- Estimated Express Shipping Time
This method can take 1-4 days.
- Recommended Express Shipping Companies
- DHL express
Find out more shipping companies in our list of China courier companies.
- Why and When to Choose Express Shipping
- It is the fastest and most convenient way to send small and light goods to Singapore
Ocean and Air Cargo Routes When Shipping From China to Singapore
Below are the major airports and seaports that are used to ship goods from China to Singapore:
Airports of Origin in China
You can also use the following airports:
- Shanghai Hongqiao
Airport of Arrival in Singapore
There are many airports in China but only the Singapore Changi Airport is open for cargo. This is connected to the following Chinese airports:
Seaports of Origin in China
- Fang Chenggang
If you are looking for a freight forwarder from China to Singapore in the major Chinese ports, check out our lists below:
- Shenzhen freight forwarders
- Ningbo freight forwarders
- Hong Kong freight forwarders
- Shipping companies in Beijing
- Qingdao freight forwarders
- Guangzhou freight forwarders
Seaport of Arrival in Singapore
The port of Singapore is the only port used to receive cargo in Singapore. It has various terminals located in different areas such as in the following:
- Tanjong Pagar
- Pasir Panjang
This guide on shipping from China to Singapore should have covered the key things you need to know. Please contact us if you have any questions about shipping items from China to Amazon FBA. By following the links below, you can read our other blogs about shipping from China to other Southeast Asian countries:
- A Complete Guide to Shipping From China to Cambodia
- A Complete Guide to Shipping From China to Indonesia
- A Complete Guide to Shipping From China to Malaysia
- A Complete Guide to Shipping From China to the Philippines
- A Guide For Shipping From China to Thailand
- A Guide For Shipping From China to Vietnam