Whether you are a rookie or an inexperienced Amazon seller, it is essential that you know how to conduct product research. This will allow you to choose a truly profitable product, and expand your current product line.
While you could conduct your product research manually, this could be difficult because there are thousands of products on the market, and you will need a product research tool to speed things up.
You should choose a great Amazon research tool. What is the best Amazon product research tool? Are there any free tools? Read on to learn more.
What is Product Research Tool for Amazon
Before you do start looking for products, you should choose a product research tool to speed things up.
What is a product research tool? It is a tool that enables sellers to utilize smart filters to systematically analyze products. This gives sellers the ability to select the best products in the market.
Why is it important to choose an effective and efficient product research tool? It is important because it will allow you to identify profitable products quickly. Remember that there are thousands of products that you could sell, so a product research tool is very useful.
You will no longer need to invest much time in looking for the right products. You will also be able to reduce the risk of buying inferior products and even find gaps in the market.
Three Free Best Amazon Product Research Tools
If you are just starting out with product research tools, you should first try out the free ones. That way, you will be able to experiment with the best ones at your disposal.
Esparkify is a software platform that utilizes powerful market intelligence that eliminates guessing when evaluating and ranking multiple products to sell online marketplaces such as Amazon. The tools are used to simplify product research. This enables sellers to stay competitive and increase profitable market share growth. Sellers will also be able to use AI, machine learning, analytics, and automation in managing their inventories at scale.
• Product research
With the product research tool, sellers will be able to make data-driven decisions for their businesses. This allows you to browse through thousands of updated product data. This data is pulled directly from the Amazon marketplace at a daily rate.
• Keyword research
By using this tool, you’ll be able to use fast and efficient research filters. This will allow you to save time by validating more than one product at a time. This will enable you to narrow the search for the best product possible.
• Chrome extension
The Esparkify Chrome extension is meant to help Amazon sellers to do preliminary product research. This enables sellers to sift through countless products in the Amazon marketplace while browsing.
Pros and cons of it:
If you are going to use esparkify to do product research, you should know that there are pros and cons to taking into account. Here are the pros and cons of using esparkify.
- The tool offers a free beta. This will allow new users to test out the product before investing money into it.
- This tool is best used for beginner Amazon sellers. This allows you to meet the basic requirements such as top keyword research and product market research.
- The tool has a Chrome extension feature that makes it as convenient as possible.
- The tool is easy to sign up with and requires no credit card.
- While the tool is efficient, it still lacks certain features such as the inability to analyze competitors.
- It only supports Amazon.
- It is usually best for beginner sellers. Experienced Amazon sellers may find the tool too basic, and lacking in special functions for deep research and analyzing the competition.
AMZbase is a free and efficient tool that is designed to assist Amazon sellers in finding products to sell on Amazon. This will help sellers gain immediate access to various platforms such as CamelCamelCame, Alibaba, AliExpress, eBay, and Google Research engines, while also calculating FBA fees to estimate potential profits.
The product research tool allows Amazon sellers to search for products through Google by picking certain words from the screen and searching for them immediately. This gives sellers the chance to source related products on Alibaba. It also allows them to check listing information on other B2C online retailing websites such as AliExpress and eBay.
This product research tool also allows users to find the historical prices of a product and check them through CamelCamelCamel. Users will be able to hover over a product image and get the ASIN no and title description of a listing. You will be able to click on the Amazon icon and calculate the FBA profits of a product effectively.
Pros and cons of it:
AMZbase is one of the best tools that you could use, however, it is important that you know their pros and cons as well.
- The tool is free to use, which makes it perfect for beginner Amazon sellers that are just starting out.
- AMZbase has a Chrome extension option that will allow you to use it with your Chrome search engine.
- Compared to other free research tools in the market, AMZbase has multiple features such as the ability to hover over a product image, by clicking on AMZbase view users will be able to effortlessly get the ASIN No, and get the title description of a listing.
- While AMZbase has some great features, it still has limited data, especially for niche products in the market. This is necessary for sellers to make an informed decision.
- It is limited to Amazon platforms only.
- The tool’s support team only replies via email, which is somewhat limited.
- The tool may be somewhat limited for the more experienced sellers because it lacks features such as source suppliers for specialized products.
- It lacks in-depth keyword research and could not deliver data and insights on customer journeys.
CamelCamelCamel is an Amazon price tracker that provides users with price history charts and price drop alerts for products being sold by Amazon.
This free research tool is one of the best in the industry, and they offer a lot of great features such as price drop & availability alerts, price history charts, Amazon product search, The Camelizer-Google Chrome, Firefox & Safari extensions, Amazon locales support, registration-optional, camel price management interface, and wishlist import.
- It is free to use.
- Due to its Chrome extension feature, it is very easy to use.
- It is usable in eight countries. These countries include the United States of America, Great Britain, France, Australia, Germany,Spain, Canada, and Italy.
- The tool is only supported by the Amazon platform.
- It does not utilize real-time dates.
- While the tool has great features to offer, it still lacks some key features such as keyword research, product market research, and competitor research.
Four Paid Best Tools for Amazon Product Research
People always like things free, but free is often the most expensive things. Why not try paid tools? Although they require investment, they can provide you with more and more accurate product data and save you time.
They might be paid research tools, yet they are quite worth the investment. Here are four of the best research tools that you should try out.
1. Helium 10
Helium10 is an all-in-one software, training resource, and cutting-edge thought leadership that gives sellers every advantage for success. The tool has over 1 million users and offers various precision products.
Helium10 has a wide assortment of tools that will help you choose the best products in the market. It has over 30+ features that make the selection process more efficient in the long run. Some great examples of Helium10 tools are product research, keyword research, listing optimization, analytics, marketing, Chrome extension, and URL builder to name just a few.
While the tool has a free trial, it also has great paid options such as the starter option which costs around $29 a month. For the Platinum option, users will be billed around $84 a month, and $209 a month for the Diamond option.
- helium 10 has 30+ or so tool options,
- Users also have a wide variety of free product research tools such as Chrome extension, Amazon PPC audit tool, QR code generator, and an Amazon anomaly tracker.
- They offer high accuracy rate. On average Helium 10 estimates 32.8% of product sales perfectly correct with zero errors. Their closest competitor estimates 29.5% perfectly correct. This means that Helium 10 is almost 10% more accurate than their competitors.
- The tool’s paid version could be quite expensive.
- While there are some great free options, they could be quite limited for deeper product research.
- Due to the vast number of tools, users will need to invest a lot of time in learning its features.
Zoof is a state-of-the-art platform that offers identity profitable opportunities. It allows users to perform accurate keyword research. It is capable of boosting organic rankings, and optimizing listings with precision, with over 17 tools to choose from.
The ZOOF offers around 17+ tools such as the opportunity finder, keyword finder, profit calculator, Reverse ASIN, profit calculator, and a misspelling checker to name but a few.
Zoof offers various payment schemes that users could choose from. Users could choose the Enterprise plan, which costs around $157 a month. If users choose the Platinum plan, users will pay around $67 per month. The most basic plan is the Essentials plan, which costs around $29 a month.
- New users will have a 14-day plan. This will allow users to try out the features before they choose a payment plan.
- It is an all-in-one Amazon seller tool.
- Zoof data comes directly from Amazon. This allows users to make very informed decisions.
- The tool contains a reverse ASIN tool and a Chrome extension.
- It has a limited marketplace, and only works with Amazon US marketplace.
- The tool has fewer tools compared to other paid tools such as Helium 10. It has only 17 tools, while Helium 10 has 30+.
Sellerapp is an AI-powered e-commerce intelligence platform that is designed to help sellers maximize their overall potential. The tool is used for e-commerce which allows millions of sellers to sell both globally and profitably.
SellerApp is an all-in-one software solution that will help sellers in their journey. These features include the Amazon PPC tool, profit checker, listing optimization, product research, keyword explorer, keyword ranking tracker, and business alerts.
The tool offers a free plan called Freemium. The tool also offers the Professional plan, which is around $49 per month, and the Pro-lite plan which is around $39.
- The SellerApp offers new users a 7-days trial.
- Have a free plan for seller just getting started.
- Users will be given an Online demo before committing to a plan.
- The tool boasts a user-friendly interface. This will allow beginners to understand the Amazon business more effectively.
- Only two different plans are available for users.
The Zongoru tool offers Amazon product research tools. These tools will allow users to find profitable products at the best prices possible. The software allows sellers pricing, competition, and keyword analysis in the most efficient way possible.
The tool offers various paid plans such as the Researcher plan which costs around $39 per month. The tool also offers the Seller plan, which is around $49 a month.
The tool offers a wide range of great features such as a Niche finder, Chrome extension, Listing optimizer, keyword tracker, email Automator, and a sales spy feature to name just a few.
- The tool offers a free 7-day trial, which is a great option for beginners.
- The tool supports a large number of Amazon marketplaces.
- It gives users great features for running an Amazon seller business.
- It is well-received by various users.
- While the tool has a respectable selection of features, it is still lacking compared to other research tools.
- The starting plan may be free, however, it is somewhat limited.
- It has a short demo period compared to other tools.
- The paid plans are somewhat expensive.
Now that we have introduced you to seven of the best Amazon product research tools in the market, and highlighted their pros and cons, you should be able to make an educated choice. As a beginner, you should try free Amazon research tools, then try a free plan of Helium 10, Zoof, and so on, to find a suitable one.
Should you have any questions about Amazon product research tools, or any Amazon business & Amazon logistics questions, our professional team is glad to provide useful suggestions.